We have an opportunity within our Logistics Department for a Warehouse Operative working:
Monday to Friday 2pm – 10pm or 10am – 6am
Purpose of the Role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining high standards and deliver the Logistics service to all internal and external customers. To receive, store and issue any raw materials, packing and finished goods in an orderly, accurate, safe and hygienic manner. To maintain and operate systems and procedures to meet the current departmental needs.
- To carry out your daily duties as per ISO work instructions
- Ensure starts up checks are completed on forklift trucks each day
- Carry out good hygiene and housekeeping, ensure a clean as you go policy, all warehouse areas are kept to a high standard
- Identify and inform Team Leader of any day to day issues
- To report any racking or fabrication damage to Team Leader immediately.
- Take full responsibility for all material/finished goods receipts and movements assigned to you
- To issue and return materials in a timely fashion, ensuring accurate information and correct stock rotation
- Pallet building within a chilled environment at the end of production line
- To carry out end of shift stock count
- Use the warehouse management system to perform daily duties
- Any other reasonable requests
- Support and train colleagues where necessary
- Adhere to the company’s H&S policies and procedures
- Adhere to the company’s Hygiene policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience required:
- Experience of working within a Warehouse environment and/or a similar environment
- Working knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Manual Handling skills required for end of line Pallet Building
- Ability to standing for long periods within a chilled environment
- An up to date FLT license would be preferred
- An NVQ qualification or equivalent would be advantageous.
Please apply online today and the Recruitment team will be in touch.