We have a fantastic permanent opportunity for a Purchasing Executive working Monday to Friday 08.30 – 17.00.
Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager the role will be to support the Purchasing Manager in all aspects of the business.
- Deputy to the Purchasing Manager when they are not available.
- Manage/support Purchasing Assistant in the absence of the Purchasing Manager
- Managing business KPI’s
- Supporting/assisting with business plans
- Responsible for the management and purchasing of raw materials and other business procurement needs.
- Develop, maintain and review supply strategies ensuring appropriate contingencies and ensuring supply on-going.
- Support the management of purchase contracts ensuring they are approved following company and group policies.
- To ensure that all purchasing processes that are critical to product safety, legality & quality are procured to defined requirements.
- To ensure good supplier relations are maintained in both ethical and professional manner.
- To action all internal and external supplier queries promptly and efficiently.
- Clearly communicate to all parties upstream and downstream within the supply chain.
- Implement continuous improvements programmes into the business.
- Work closely with all departments on sourcing new ingredients & packaging.
- Maintain an understanding of retailer/customer requirements, processes and procedures.
- Identify areas of cost savings on both Ingredients and packaging.
- Support any supplier monitoring or improvement programs initiated.
- Undertake supplier visits & host supplier visits.
- Understand the supply market place and be able to challenge suppliers about performance.
- Build strong relationships with retailers, and suppliers.
- Ability to benchmark all areas.
- Work closely with NPD, Sales, Technical Services and all other departments.
- Support the procurement team to ensure the factory has ingredients and packaging when needed.
- Support and suggest profit improvement plans following through projects to completion
Skills and Experience required:
- Experience in the use of SAP
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Extensive experience in a Buying role
- The ability to look at the overall business process
- Understanding of a commercial environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Advanced user of Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Skills and Experience desirable:
- Understanding of the theory of Purchasing and supply
- Associate of CIPs
Apply for this position
To apply for this position please provide your Contact Details below to register your interest. Please provide, within the Application Details section:
- An introduction to yourself within a Cover Letter
- Upload your current CV
On submission, a member of the HR team will be in touch to guide you through your application. If you require any information or have a query, please send an email to email@example.com