We have a fantastic permanent opportunity within our Supply Chain Department for a Procurement Assistant working Monday to Friday 07.00 – 16.00
Purpose of the Role:
You will be responsible for maintaining the Procurement operation. To develop systems and procedures to meet the current and future needs of the business. To manage, motivate and develop a team able to deliver results in line with business requirements.
- Understand and adhere to our Performance Management Systems and demonstrate Stateside Foods behaviours
- Carry out daily updates and place orders to ensure all raw materials, packaging and consumables are on site in time to meet production needs
- Maintain materials on SAP system ensuring all information is accurate and up to date
- Liaise with Internal departments to understand the needs of the business with regards to material supply
- Understand and work to deadlines to ensure an excellent service to production to facilitate all customer requirements
- Building effective relationships with all internal teams
- Understanding of stock levels to adhere to storage capacity levels and minimise material wastage
- Build good supplier relationships
- To perform any other task that is of a reasonable request in line with the Procurement department
- Adhere to the company’s H&S policies and procedures
- Adhere to the company’s Hygiene policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience required:
- Experience in a Procurement / Supply Chain role
- Experience in working in a fast moving manufacturing environment
- Experience of working with SAP and Excel with good knowledge of excel
- Knowledge of Procurement Management Systems
- Personally Effective – effective as part of a team, excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and delegate
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to seek out, manage and influence opportunities for continuous improvement and change
- Ability to work to all deadlines.
Skills and Experience desirable:
- Experience with chilled food.
- Relevant qualification within field
Apply for this position
To apply for this position please provide your Contact Details below to register your interest. Please provide, within the Application Details section:
- An introduction to yourself within a Cover Letter
- Upload your current CV
On submission, a member of the HR team will be in touch to guide you through your application. If you require any information or have a query, please send an email to email@example.com