A driven NPD manager is required to be part of a large team within a pizza manufacturing company, providing high quality products to the UKs leading retailers. You will be part of a multi-functional New Product Development team, delivering innovative products to key customers. You will work closely with process and packaging departments as well as other members of the NPD Team to deliver exciting products that are in line with both company strategy and customer requirements. You will work on a wide range of projects from concept through to launch, so excellent organisational skills are essential. This is a great opportunity to develop all round NPD skills in a supportive and friendly environment.
Being passionate about food with a creative flare is what this job is all about. Our customers demand a high volume of product development, giving us the opportunity to be creative. We attend and organise inspiration trips and innovation days to help inspire and build relationships with our customers. Presenting our ideas, both internally and externally, is another key area to this role, so good presentation and communication skills are vital. Ideally, you will have a food based degree and you will be able to demonstrate success in product development and have delivered exceptional products in a manufacturing environment.
Stateside Foods is shaped by those we recruit; where will you take us in the future?
The role will be working Monday to Friday 08.30 – 17.00
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and developing a framework for product development at Stateside Foods.
An overview of the role responsibilities:
- Managing the Product Development function for the allocated account.
- To develop products suitable for the factories, to meet customer needs and be in line with the company business plan.
- Manage the critical path, trackers and provide necessary business updates to the relevant meetings.
- Work closely with Commercial and Category to liaise with customers to provide a strategic insight and to feedback to the business individual customer goals.
- Liaising with your customer on development and future plans and feedback to the business.
- Ensuring the smooth transition of new concepts and related processes through to manufacture by following the NPD procedures.
- Act as a role model by demonstrating best practices at all times for other members of the team, supporting others through the NPD process where applicable.
- Performing any other task, that is of a reasonable request, in line with the NPD department
- Build effective relationships with other team members both in NPD and across the business and participate in team/customer meetings
- Support and train colleagues when necessary.
- To build relationships with external suppliers in order to develop effectively.
- Provide insights into ways of improving the NPD process
- Any other reasonable requests
- Adhere to the company’s H&S policies and procedures
- Adhere to the company’s Hygiene policies and procedures.
- Support and train colleagues where necessary
Skills and Experience required:
- Experience in an NPD role
- Experience in the chilled food sector, especially contact with at least two of the top four retailers
- Experience of dealing with difficult and high pressure situations in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Up to date knowledge of the chilled food sector, food trends and retail
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Personally effective – excellent organisational skills and ability to priorities
- Ability to seek out and suggest opportunities for continuous improvement/change
- Graduate of a BSC Hons Food Science or related course.
Skills and Experience desirable:
- Experience in an NPD role with previous experience in the chilled sector
- Food Hygiene Training
Apply for this position
To apply for this position please provide your Contact Details below to register your interest. Please provide, within the Application Details section:
- An introduction to yourself within a Cover Letter
- Upload your current CV
On submission, a member of the HR team will be in touch to guide you through your application. If you require any information or have a query, please send an email to email@example.com