We have a fantastic opportunity for a Health & Safety Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the provision of high quality ethical advice/guidance on company policy relating to Health, Safety & Environmental Matters.
An overview of the role:
- Provide ethical advice and assistance to Directors, Senior Managers and staff and Site Safety Advisors that will enable them to discharge their responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act etc. 1974 as expressed in the Stateside Foods Group Occupational Health & Safety Policy Parts 1-3.
- Co-ordinate the imposition and development of Common Minimum Standards covering all health safety and environmental activities across all Stateside Foods sites.
- Ensure that annual monitoring of processes, plant and procedures are carried out to determine the success of item 2 listed above.
- Review of the Stateside Foods Groups Occupational Health, Safety & Environmental Policy in the light of any legislative or organisational changes on behalf of the Managing Director & provide practical interpretation of the legal requirements applying to health & safety matters.
- Ensure, in conjunction with HR, the development of health & safety systems, procedures and training across all sites to ensure the success of item 2 listed above.
- Monitor the health & safety performance of the business and the implementation of this policy via the Stateside Foods Group Health & Safety Plan.
- Ensure that information/statistics on hazards, accidents etc. is disseminated to the operational board via the monthly board report.
- Maintain systems relating to the management of insurance and other risk management processes.
- Ensure, via the Site Health & Safety Advisors, that any accidents reportable under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995 are reported to the appropriate enforcing body.
- Ensure, via the Site Health & Safety Advisors, that there is a system for fire precautions and fire management.
- Liaise with external regulatory enforcement agencies and officers as necessary.
- Advise Site Health & Safety Committees and assist them in performing their responsibilities as provided for under appropriate legislation.
- Ensure that the appropriate communication processes are in place for health & safety matters pertaining to the job functions detailed in this job description.
- Ensure that occupational health and health surveillance needs are identified supported and suitably addressed throughout the business.
Candidates should be educated to degree level or equivalent with management experience.
Experience of working within a high volume production environment would be preferred.
Apply for this position
To apply for this position please provide your Contact Details below to register your interest. Please provide, within the Application Details section:
- An introduction to yourself within a Cover Letter
- Upload your current CV
On submission, a member of the HR team will be in touch to guide you through your application. If you require any information or have a query, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org