We have an exceptional opportunity for a permanent Financial Controller.
The role is working within a successful FMCG business, with a turnover in excess of £200m. The business has grown significantly over the last few years. It is part of Multinational Group that is very supportive of the UK business, providing significant ongoing capital investment.
Being a Senior Manager within the business reporting directly to our Managing Director, you will be responsible for ensuring all financial transactions are accounted for correctly, in a timely manner and reported.
You will be leading the Finance Team to meet the needs of the business as well as working very closely with the wider business departments.
- Acting as a role model for all agreed people management practices, managing, guiding and coaching direct reports whilst demonstrating best practice at all times
- Responsible for good clean Statutory Audit of Limited companies
- Responsible for Year-end tax computations
- Monthly closing of FI within SAP, including reconciling balance sheet accounts
- Responsible for Company Insurances
- Responsibility for Credit control, Purchase ledger, bank and cash processes
- Fixed asset control / reporting in SAP
- Statutory reporting to Companies House
- Company secretarial duties, as required
- Capital appraisal as required
- Building effective relationships with Management teams and participating in Senior Management team meetings
- Ensure Finance team are trained to required standard ensuring development plans in place to facilitate this
- Provide development plans for team members where appropriate
Skills and Experience required:
- Minimum of 5 year PQ experience
- Experience in a Senior Finance role
- Experience of working in a FMCG
- Up to date knowledge of financial reporting legislation
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Personally Effective – excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and delegate
- Ability to seek out, manage and influence opportunities for continuous improvement and change
- Ability to ensure that the highest standards of quality and customer care are achieved
- Ability to lead the Finance Team to meet multiple deadlines.
- Qualified accountant ( ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Experience of SAP would be an advantage
In return we offer
Company bonus scheme
Private health for you and your family
Contributory pension of 10% -15%, depending on length of service
4 times death in service
Office based role
Apply for this position
To apply for this position please provide your Contact Details below to register your interest. Please provide, within the Application Details section:
- An introduction to yourself within a Cover Letter
- Upload your current CV
On submission, a member of the HR team will be in touch to guide you through your application. If you require any information or have a query, please send an email to email@example.com