An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Continental Supervisor to join our Logistics Department on the continental shift pattern 19.00 – 07.00.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading, Managing and giving direction to the team in NLC and Firebird warehouse, making sure the team has sufficient skills and knowledge to cover all areas of warehousing ensuring all workloads are completed in a timely and accurate fashion.
An overview of the day today duties of the role are:
- Focus on departmental safety by encouraging near miss reporting, and raising awareness of safety within the workplace.
- Promote, monitor and enforce key safe behaviors (KSB).
- Use leader standard working (LSW) document to ensure all daily/weekly tasks are completed on time.
- Responsibility for all CCP’s in designated areas and completion of paperwork and checks with no errors. Promptly communicating problems to the Warehouse Manager
- To manage floor space within NLC and U30 areas
- Maintain active lines of communication with 3PL transport providers, ensuring collection times and profiles are adhered to.
- Manage any 3PL transport provider vehicles that are on site.
- Control all finished product dispatches on your shift.
- To maintain accurate stock levels by adhering to the Logistics inventory procedures.
- To plan and co-ordinate all day to day manning inclusive of agency usage and holiday planning on your shift.
- To ensure all equipment including MHE, batteries, Bays, Trailers, IT Systems are maintained and in a safe working order, and report any faults.
- Monitor hygiene and housekeeping, promoting the clean as you go policy, and ensure all warehouse areas meet the required standards in line with Stateside Foods good manufacturing practice (GMP).
- Build effective relationships with all relevant departments.
- Constantly work to improve processes
- Understand and adhere to our Performance Management Systems and demonstrate Stateside Foods behaviors.
- To perform any other task, that is of a reasonable request in line with the logistics department.
- Any other reasonable requests
The successful candidate should have experience within Warehousing with good knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems are key along with good written and verbal communication skills. Ideally candidates will have the ability to meet deadlines, be organised with the ability to delegate and prioritise.
Apply for this position
To apply for this position please provide your Contact Details below to register your interest. Please provide, within the Application Details section:
- An introduction to yourself within a Cover Letter
- Upload your current CV
On submission, a member of the HR team will be in touch to guide you through your application. If you require any information or have a query, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org