We have a fantastic opportunity for a permanent Commercial Manager to join our Commercial Team.
Purpose of the Role:
To maintain, develop and grow sales within agreed accounts in line with overall strategic and financial targets as agreed with the Head of Sales.
- To sell the company’s products at competitive but profitable levels
- To continually identify potential new business opportunities
- To ensure good customer relations are maintained in a professional manner
- To organise cost effective promotional activity
- To work closely with Marketing Department to produce long term strategic business plans.
- To liaise with NPD Department to ensure product launch strategy is in line with overall strategic plan
- To liaise and communicate with the relevant company colleagues on all matters relating to the following:-
- Selling prices
- Volume forecasts – ongoing, promotional and new products
- Packaging requirements – ongoing, promotional and new products
- Packaging changes
- Production planning – promotional and new launches.
- NPD and technical matters
- Quality issues as identified via customer or own observation
- To discuss and agree all levels of promotional and support expenditure with the Head of Sales
- To maintain regular price checks of competitors’ products
- To notify the Head of Sales of any changes to customer status and competitor activity.
- To action all customer complaints and account queries promptly and efficiently
- To ensure all administrative procedures and requirements are responded to and actioned promptly and accurately
- To work as a team member, and be prepared to offer assistance and advice to all colleagues
- To maintain a high level of enthusiasm and motivation at all times
- To maintain all company equipment in presentable and working order
Skills and Experience required:
- Experience of Commercial Management within a similar organisation
- Experience of dealing with major retail accounts
- Ability to ensure that the highest standards of quality and customer care are achieved
- Ability to seek out, manage and influence opportunities for continuous improvement and change
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and delegate
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Up to date knowledge of major retailer trends as well as their strengths & weaknesses
- Numerate ability to evaluate costings margin requirements etc.
- Up to date knowledge of chilled food markets and trends
- Food manufacturing background.
Skills and Experience desirable:
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent